Home | About Us | Contact Us | FAQ | Français

You are here : Home  Arrow Family Class Sponsorship Arrow  Parent & Granparents Super Visa


Express Entry »

Quebec Investor Program »

Federal Skilled Workers »

Canadian Experience Class »

Humanitarian & Compassionate
Grounds »

Permanent Resident Cards »

Canadian Citizenship »

Live-In Caregiver Program »

PHD Students Program »

Foreign Students Program »

Foreign Workers Program »



Refugee Hearings »

Admissibility Hearings »

Detention Review Hearings »

Residency Appeals »

Sponsorship Appeals »

Individuals without legal status »



Spousal Sponsorship »

Common Law Sponsorship »

Parent and Grandparent Super Visa »

Other Relatives Sponsorship »



Quebec Skilled Worker »

Quebec Experience Class »

Quebec Certificate of Selection (CSQ) »

Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) »



Quebec Investor Program »

Entrepreneurs »

Self-employed »



Work visas »

Student visas »

Visitor visas »

Visa Extensions »

Parent & Granparents Super Visa

Parent and Grandparent Super Visa

It is a long-term, multiple-entry visa for parents and grandparents of permanent residents or Canadian citizens.

The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa (PGSV) is a temporary resident permit that allows parents and grandparents to stay for up to 2 years in Canada per visit.

A regular multiple-entry visa only allows stays of up to 6 months per visit.

Who is eligible for this visa?

This visa is for parents and grandparents of permanent residents or Canadian citizens. The parent or grandparent must be considered admissible to Canada and meet other conditions. For example, applicants need a letter of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada, who meets the minimum required income.

Applicants also need to purchase and show proof of Canadian medical insurance that meets the minimum requirements and covers them for at least 1 year.

The process is different if the parent or grandparent is from a country where a visa is required to enter Canada as a visitor.

What if my parents or grandparents want to stay permanently in Canada?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada is not currently accepting applications to sponsor parents and grandparents.

They may apply for permanent residence under another program, if they qualify.



Free immigration assessment


Bookmark and Share



Canadian Immigration Council on Twitter Canadian Immigration Council on Facebook


Winner Consumer Choix Award 2012

See acknowledgements from the Canadian Prime Minister, Premier of Quebec & the Mayor of Montreal.



What to do when you arrive in Canada



Do you qualify to immigrate to canada