Home | About Us | Contact Us | FAQ | Français

You are here : Home  Arrow Quebec Immigration Arrow Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)


Express Entry »

Quebec Investor Program »

Federal Skilled Workers »

Canadian Experience Class »

Humanitarian & Compassionate
Grounds »

Permanent Resident Cards »

Canadian Citizenship »

Live-In Caregiver Program »

PHD Students Program »

Foreign Students Program »

Foreign Workers Program »



Refugee Hearings »

Admissibility Hearings »

Detention Review Hearings »

Residency Appeals »

Sponsorship Appeals »

Individuals without legal status »



Spousal Sponsorship »

Common Law Sponsorship »

Parent and Grandparent Super Visa »

Other Relatives Sponsorship »



Quebec Skilled Worker »

Quebec Experience Class »

Quebec Certificate of Selection (CSQ) »

Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) »



Quebec Investor Program »

Entrepreneurs »

Self-employed »



Work visas »

Student visas »

Visitor visas »

Visa Extensions »

Quebec Acceptance Certificate or Certificat d'acceptation du Quebec (CAQ)

Anyone undertaking a course or program of study of more than six months in the province of Quebec must be authorized to do so by Immigration Quebec. This authorization is given in the form of a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) which is issued for the level of study and duration of time, e.g. three years for a Bachelor or Ph.D. program, two years for a Master's program.

Students who require more time to complete their studies while they are in Canada, must apply for an extension before their CAQ expires. However, you must be attending school and continue to meet the conditions of Immigration Quebec.

Exceptions: Recognized refugees, students enrolled in a program or course lasting six months or less, Commonwealth Fellows, students who have Diplomatic status or international officials living in Quebec are not required to obtain a CAQ. Students who are exempted from obtaining a CAQ may still be required to obtain a Study Permit and must still present the appropriate documentation (Study Permit, Passport, Diplomatic Visa, etc.).



Free immigration assessment


Bookmark and Share



Canadian Immigration Council on Twitter Canadian Immigration Council on Facebook


Winner Consumer Choix Award 2012

See acknowledgements from the Canadian Prime Minister, Premier of Quebec & the Mayor of Montreal.



What to do when you arrive in Canada



Do you qualify to immigrate to canada